Busy Bee Promotions, Inc.
Building Brands Since 1998
Thank you for your interest in Busy Bee Promotions. We are currently looking for independent contractor, Brand Ambassadors* coast to coast for events tours and demos. You are submitting a proposal to be considered a 1099, Independent Contractor. This is not an application for employment. By submitting your proposal here, you acknowledge that you understand and accept this distinction.
*We call our B.A.s 'Bees.'
Please note: Interested parties should not call us. Only completed emailed proposals will be considered. Please direct all opportunity emails to firstname.lastname@example.org ONLY. Thanks!
Important: If you are applying for a specific opportunity listing, cite that in the subject line (i.e. "applying for guerrilla marketing in Seattle, WA”).
Please copy and paste the bolded-questions below and paste them into an email and send to Spike (see email address above). Answer all the questions to the best of your ability, and if your proposal is approved, someone from our office will reach out to you to arrange a 20-minute phone assessment. Note: If you don't have 'Outlook' (PC) or 'Mail' (Mac), copy and paste the questions below into the contact form at the bottom of this page and provide answers--or go to our site on your mobile device.
1. In what city are you currently located? Please provide zip code.
Q: Why do we ask this? A: Where you live will determine what opportunities are available to you.
2. Do you own a car? What type (SUV, sedan, etc.)?Q: Why do we ask this? A: If you drive, there will be more opportunities available to you since a large number of events are outside of areas serviced by public transportation. Also, the type of vehicle you drive will determine which opportunities for which you qualify. An example would be if we needed a contractor to bring a lot of equipment to an event (like tents, tables, signage, etc.), a larger vehicle will offer more options.
3. What are your best skills?
Q: Why do we ask this? A: Our clients ask for specific skill sets. An example would be a software client specifying computer-savvy contractors to execute an event.
4. What kind of work do you avoid? Be honest!!
Q: Why do we ask this? A: We don't want our contractors doing something they hate. Our clients rely on Busy Bee to put our best foot forward on their behalf. We absolutely require that our contractors are very upbeat and enthusiastic at events.
5. Please give an example of practical and creative problem solving you exhibited in a professional situation and setting.Q: Why do we ask this? A: Unexpected conditions often arise when executing off-site events. Being able to think on our feet and problem solve is an essential skill when contracting with us.
6. What makes you stand out from everyone else we are considering?
Q: Why do we ask this? A: We have 100s of inquiries every week. We have to screen out the best from the rest. If you can effectively sell us on why you are a stand-out contractor, that skill will translate when you are promoting our clients' products and services.
7. Were you referred to us? If so, by whom?
Q: Why do we ask this? A: Referrals from trusted sources put your proposal on a fast track for consideration. It's a useful vetting system.
8. Please provide a contact number with the best times to reach you for a 20-minute phone interview.
Q: Why do we ask this? A: We need your phone number to reach you.
9. Attach a recent, casual photograph of yourself (Not a professional photo, headshot or Snapchat-filtered photo).Q: Why do we ask for this? A: Our clients often request 'types.' Your 'type' determines what opportunities are available to you. For example, we have a client that needs Santa Claus to entertain at their stores every Christmas season. If you look like Santa, you'll be considered for this project. Why do we not want professional photos? They usually don't show you at your best—which is your real self.
(Important: If you are a staffing agency, please do not contact us. Our Bees contract directly with us. We don't use 3rd parties to secure independent contractors. If you have submitted your proposal and/or have completed your 20- minute assessment call and have not heard back from us within 30 days, there are currently no opportunities for your particular skill set. Busy Bee and our clients set extremely high standards for brand ambassadors, and only about 1 out of 10 make the final cut. Thanks!)
A couple of testimonials from 'Bees':
“Hello, I just wanted to thank you and your Busy Bee team for being so organized and pleasant to work with. These past few events have run like clockwork from scheduling to payment; you'd be surprised how hard that is to find in agencies!”A Very Happy BEE
“I would like to send a little thank you for being so awesome to work for. You really are the best promo company I have ever had the pleasure to work for. Thanks for all you do!”Another Very Happy BEE